Thursday, March 05, 2009

Updates

I'm trying not to neglect this blog entirely, so here's a few tidbits for you.

Latest posts on Castles of Air:
Also: Response to Chuck Colson at the Atheist Experience (roughly 8 months in the making)

What's up with me:

I am getting my house ready to sell.  It's mostly painted, and my contractor is working on redoing some of the floors this weekend.  We had a garage sale this weekend, in which I sold much stuff which originally cost thousands of dollars altogether for 1, 5, or 10 bucks each.  It was, um, not fun.  Hard work and kind of demoralizing, but the end result (besides a couple hundred bucks to pay the contractor) is that most of the loose stuff that was in my house is now largely gone, organized, or ready to sell to Half Price Books or Craig's List bargain hunters.  I guess it's a little liberating.

I'm still holding onto my job in Temple and even sort of liking it.  The work is very purpose-driven at the moment: we have a laundry list of short feature requests from a client, and we're working through these with the intent of making them happy, as well as preparing to show off the improvements to a bunch of other buyers.  I feel valued professionally, which is a good feeling.  That will be confirmed if I get hired full-time in April.

1 comment:

  1. Here is hoping you do get hired full time in April!

    How is the housing market in Austin? Are you going to break even on the investment?

    ReplyDelete