Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Jesus Camp review

I've written a blog entry, but it's not here... it's at the Atheist Experience blog.

Intro:
I went on Friday with about ten fellow Atheist Community members to see Jesus Camp, but I hadn't gotten around to posting my review until now. This has already been discussed on both The Non-Prophets and The Atheist Experience, but I'm offering up a written version for your perusal.

First of all, this is not a pleasant movie in most respects. What it is boils down to watching an hour and a half of child abuse, at least from my perspective. If you experience the sort of morbid fascination that comes from watching a bleak horror movie, you may get the same sort of feeling from this movie: you're not having fun while you watch it, but you may feel like you got something out of the experience of having watched it.

5 comments:

  1. Ive been contemplating whether to watch it at all.

    I'm Kathy_4 from ironchairots btw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I tend to agree with Matt -- whether you enjoy it or not, you should watch it just to get an understanding of what's going on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its not in movie theatres is it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm. Never mind then

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry... it's in some theaters on limited release but I don't know where or when. You should probably figure out where to buy the DVD.

    ReplyDelete